ABB is taking part in the InnoTrans 2012 international trade fair for rail transportation with three dedicated stands and a comprehensive display of new products and solutions that reduce energy consumption and life cycle costs in the rail sector.
Geneva, Switzerland, Sept. 14, 2012 – ABB will be a major exhibitor at this year’s InnoTrans trade fair in Berlin, Germany, which takes place between September 18-21.
InnoTrans is considered the world’s leading international trade fair for the rail transportation sector. This ninth edition of InnoTrans is expected to attract more than 100,000 trade visitors from around 100 countries. The event will feature five product display segments devoted to railway technology, railway infrastructure, tunnel construction, interiors and public transport.
ABB is a long-time player in the rail industry and is a leading independent supplier of power and automation products and solutions to vehicle manufacturers, railway operators and system integrators. With a vast global installed base, ABB also provides life cycle service support, including maintenance and retrofits.
Among the many new innovations that ABB is showcasing at InnoTrans 2012 are:
- a traction transformer that uses power electronics to reduce the size and weight of the components and increase the energy efficiency of rolling stock;
- a highly compact converter with super capacitor energy storage that significantly reduces the energy consumption of diesel-electric multiple units;
- traction systems with exceptional power density, energy efficiency, and best-in-class control hardware and software;
- a permanent magnet prototype to be compared with an induction closed self-ventilated traction motor to demonstrate the high torque and power density offered by the new technology;
- robot solutions for rail car painting and other applications which visitors can discover in an interactive way;
- a complete range of low voltage products with a compact design, low energy consumption and complying to main international standards;
- an energy storage system that harnesses, stores and reuses train braking energy to reduce train energy consumption by up to 10 percent;
- rail information systems that enable rail companies to efficiently manage discrete assets like rolling stock, yards, signs/signals and IT systems as well as the linear or continuous assets that are the foundation of their operations.
ABB has a truly global reach in the rail industry, with a worldwide sales and service center network in more than 100 countries that provides equipment, systems and solutions for the entire railway value chain.
Visitors to InnoTrans 2012 can find ABB experts and products on display at three dedicated stands:
- Rolling stock - stand 101, new Hall 9
- Rail infrastructure - stand 306, Hall 25
- Service - outdoor display FA/14
To learn more about how ABB can improve the performance of rolling stock, infrastructure and service, click here to view our special InnoTrans website: http://www.abb.com/innotrans
Exhibition quick facts
September 18-21, 2012 (trade fair)
September 22-23, 2012 (open to the general public, outdoor display and tracks only)
9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.
D-14055 Berlin, Germany
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 145,000 people.